Terms & Conditions
These Terms are binding on any use of the Service and apply to you from the time that Siteloft provides you with access to the Service.
By registering to use the Service you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms and have the authority to act on behalf of any person for whom you are using the Service. you are deemed to have agreed to these Terms on behalf of any entity for whom you use the Service.
These Terms were last updated on 22 January 2015 discuss these terms and conditions further or your services, please call 1300 459 445.
“Access Fee” means the monthly fee (excluding any taxes and duties) payable by you in accordance with the fee schedule described in your proposal (which Siteloft may change from
time to time on notice to you).
“Confidential Information” includes all information exchanged between the parties to this Agreement, whether in writing, electronically or orally, including the Service
but does not include information which is, or becomes, publicly available other than through unauthorised disclosure by the other party.
“Data” means any data inputted by you or with your authority into the Website.
“Intellectual Property Right” means any patent, trade mark, service mark, copyright, moral right, right in a design, know-how and any other intellectual or industrial
property rights, anywhere in the world whether or not registered.
“Fixed Term” means the minimum period of use (if any) agreed to by you in your proposal to subscribe to the service.
“Ownership Data” means information including text, video, still images, audio or other material relating to or describing properties, businesses or equivalent,
that Siteloft has permitted you to host, share, publish, post, store or upload to the Service.
“Service” means the Website platform and any Snap-ons made available (as may be changed or updated from time to time by Siteloft) via the Website.
“Snap-ons” means additional products or services relating to or offered through the Service or otherwise controlled by Siteloft, but does not included any product or service
of any third party, whether or not that product or service is offered or advertised to you by Siteloft or through the Service.
“Website” means the Internet site at the domain www.siteloft.com or any other site operated by Siteloft.
“Siteloft” means Siteloft Pty Limited and all current and future global subsidiaries of Siteloft Pty Limited.
“you” means the person who registers to use the Service, and, where the context permits, includes any entity on whose behalf that person registers to use the Service, and any person or organisation that uses the Service with the authorisation of that person or entity. “your” has a corresponding meaning.
- Use Of Service
Siteloft grants you the right to access and use the Service with the particular user roles available to you according to your subscription type. This right is non-exclusive, non-transferable, and limited by and subject to this Agreement.
- Your Obligations
- Payment obligations:
- A valid credit card (payment method) is required for all accounts.
- The Access Fee is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. No refunds or credits shall be granted for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, your chosen payment method will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle. Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. Siteloft does not accept any liability for such loss.
Siteloft reserves the right to suspend or terminate your use of the Service in the event that any invoices for those Access Fees are not paid in full by the due date for payment.
- General obligations:
You must only use the Service and Website for your own lawful internal business purposes, in accordance with these Terms and any notice sent by Siteloft or condition posted on the Website.
- Access conditions:
- You must ensure that all usernames and passwords required to access the Service are kept secure and confidential. You must immediately notify Siteloft of any unauthorised use of your passwords or any other breach of security and Siteloft will reset your password and you must take all other actions that Siteloft reasonably deems necessary to maintain or enhance the security of Siteloft’s computing systems and networks and your access to the Services.
- Each username and password combination may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many people as you need.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- As a condition of these Terms, when accessing and using the Services, you must:
- not attempt to undermine the security or integrity of Siteloft’s computing systems or networks or, where the Services are hosted by a third party, that third party’s computing systems and networks;
- not use, or misuse, the Services in any way which may impair the functionality of the Services or Website, or other systems used to deliver the Services or impair the ability of any other user to use the Services or Website;
- not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any materials other than those to which you have been given express permission to access or to the computer system on which the Services are hosted;
- not transmit, or input into the Website, any: files that may damage any other person’s computing devices or software, content that may be offensive, or material or Data in violation of any law (including Data or other material protected by copyright or trade secrets which you do not have the right to use); and
- not attempt to modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any computer programs used to deliver the Services or to operate the Website except as is strictly necessary to use either of them for normal operation.
- Usage Limitations:
Use of the Service may be subject to limitations, including but not limited to monthly access volumes and the number of calls you are permitted to make against Siteloft’s application programming interface. Any such limitations will specified within the Service.
- Communication Conditions:
As a condition of these Terms, if you use any communication tools available through the Website or the Services (such as any mail merge functionalities, message centre or social media posting service), you agree only to use such communication tools for lawful and legitimate purposes. You must not use any such communication tool for posting or disseminating any material unrelated to the use of the Services, including (but not limited to): unsolicited commercial e-mail, files that may damage any other person’s computing devices or software, content that may be offensive to any other users of the Services or the Website, or material in violation of any law (including material that is protected by copyright or trade secrets which you do not have the right to use).When you make any communication on the Website or using the Services, you represent that you are permitted to make such communication. Siteloft is under no obligation to ensure that the communications on the Website are legitimate or that they are related only to the use of the Services. As with any other web-based system, you must exercise caution when using the communication tools available on the Website or the Service. However, Siteloft reserves the right (but does not assume responsibility) to remove any communication at any time in its sole discretion.
- Payment obligations:
- Confidentiality And Privacy
Unless the relevant party has the prior written consent of the other or unless required to do so by law:
- Each party will preserve the confidentiality of all Confidential Information of the other obtained in connection with these Terms. Neither party will, without the prior written consent of the other, disclose or make any Confidential Information available to any person, or use the same for its own benefit, other than as contemplated by these Terms.
- Each party’s obligations under this clause will survive termination of these Terms.
The provisions of paragraphs (i) and (ii) above shall not apply to any information which:
- is or becomes public knowledge other than by a breach of this clause;
- is received from a third party who lawfully acquired it and who is under no obligation restricting its disclosure;
- is in the possession of the receiving party without restriction in relation to disclosure before the date of receipt from the disclosing party; or
- is independently developed without access to the Confidential Information.
- Intellectual Property
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in the Services, the Website and any documentation relating to the Services remain the property of Siteloft (or its licensors).
- Ownership of Data:
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, the Data remain your property. However, your access to the Data is contingent on full payment of the Siteloft Access Fee when due. You grant Siteloft a licence to use, copy, transmit, store, and back-up your information and Data for the purposes of enabling you to access and use the Services and for any other purpose related to provision of services to you.
- You grant Siteloft a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable and irrevocable licence to use, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and display the Ownership Data throughout the world in any medium, whether currently in existence or not.
- You also grant Siteloft the right to use your name or the name you submit with the Ownership Data, and, the right to represent and warrant that:
- you own and control all of the rights to the Ownership Data; or
- you have the lawful right including all necessary licences, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorise Siteloft to use the Ownership Data as contemplated by these terms.
- Backup of Data:
You must maintain copies of all Data inputted into the Service. Siteloft adheres to its best practice policies and procedures to prevent data loss, including a daily system data back-up regime, but does not make any guarantees that there will be no loss of Data. Siteloft expressly excludes liability for any loss of Data no matter how caused.
- Third-party applications and your Data.
If you enable third-party applications for use in conjunction with the Services, you acknowledge that Siteloft may allow the providers of those third-party applications to access your Data as required for the interoperation of such third-party applications with the Services. Siteloft shall not be responsible for any disclosure, modification or deletion of your Data resulting from any such access by third-party application providers.
- Warranties And Acknowledgements
You warrant that where you have registered to use the Service on behalf of another person, you have the authority to agree to these Terms on behalf of that person and agree that by registering to use the Service you bind the person on whose behalf you act to the performance of any and all obligations that you become subject to by virtue of these Terms, without limiting your own personal obligations under these Terms.
You acknowledge that:
- You are authorised to use the Services and the Website and to access the information and Data that you input into the Website, including any information or Data input into the Website by any person you have authorised to use the Service. you are also authorised to access the processed information and Data that is made available to you through your use of the Website and the Services (whether that information and Data is your own or that of anyone else).
- Siteloft has no responsibility to any person other than you and nothing in this Agreement confers, or purports to confer, a benefit on any person other than you. If you use the Services or access the Website on behalf of or for the benefit of anyone other than yourself (whether a person, body corporate or otherwise) you agree that:
- you are responsible for ensuring that you have the right to do so;
- you are responsible for authorising any person who is given access to information, and you agree that Siteloft has no obligation to provide any person access to such information without your authorisation and may refer any requests for information to you to address; and
- you will indemnify Siteloft against any claims or loss relating to:
- Siteloft’s refusal to provide any person access to your information in accordance with these Terms,
- Siteloft’s making available information to any person with your authorisation.
- The provision of, access to, and use of, the Services is on an “as is” basis and at your own risk.
- Siteloft does not warrant that the use of the Service will be uninterrupted or error free. Among other things, the operation and availability of the systems used for accessing the Service, including public telephone services, computer networks and the Internet, can be unpredictable and may from time to time interfere with or prevent access to the Services. Siteloft is not in any way responsible for any such interference or prevention of your access or use of the Services.
- It is your sole responsibility to determine that the Services meet the needs of your business and are suitable for the purposes for which they are used.
- You remain solely responsible for complying with all applicable real estate licensing, trade practices and other relevant laws. It is your responsibility to check that storage of and access to your Data via the Software and the Website will comply with laws applicable to you (including any laws requiring you to retain records).
- No warranties:
Siteloft gives no warranty about the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Siteloft does not warrant that the Services will meet your requirements or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. To avoid doubt, all implied conditions or warranties are excluded in so far as is permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and non-infringement.
- Consumer rights:
You warrant and represent that you are acquiring the right to access and use the Services for the purposes of a business and that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any statutory consumer guarantees or legislation intended to protect non-business consumers in any jurisdiction does not apply to the supply of the Services, the Website or these Terms.
- Limitation Of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Siteloft excludes all liability and responsibility to you (or any other person) in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, for any loss (including loss of information, Data, profits and savings) or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from any use of, or reliance on, the Service or Website.
- If you suffer loss or damage as a result of Siteloft’s negligence or failure to comply with these Terms, any claim by you against Siteloft arising from Siteloft’s negligence or failure will be limited in respect of any one incident, or series of connected incidents, to the fees actually paid by you in the previous 6 months.
- If you are not satisfied with the Service, your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate these Terms in accordance with Clause 10.
- Prepaid Subscriptions
Siteloft will not provide any refund for any remaining prepaid period for a prepaid Access Fee subscription.
- No-fault termination:
- At the end of each billing period these Terms will automatically continue for another period of the same duration as that period, provided you continue to pay the prescribed Access Fee when due, unless either party terminates these Terms under this clause.
- Subject to clause 10(c) below you may, following the expiry of the Fixed Term, terminate all or part of these Terms by giving us 30 days notice in writing to that effect.
- We may terminate all or part of these Terms at any time by giving you 30 days written notice to that effect.
- Nothing in this clause affects our respective rights and remedies in respect of any breach of this agreement under the general law.
- Liquidated Damages for early termination
If, prior to the expiry of the Fixed Term, you terminate these Terms, are unable to meet any or all of your obligations under the Terms or commit an act giving rise to a right to terminate under clause 11, you agree to pay to us a sum of liquidated damages calculated as follows with reference to the following provision (as applicable to the particular circumstances):
- An amount equal to the amount billed for the preceding 6 month period;
- If the agreement has been in place for less than 6 months, then an amount equal to 6 times the average monthly billings for which services have been provided;
- If the agreement has been on foot for less than 1 month, then the amount of billings projected by us for the first month multiplied by 6; or
- If the remaining term of the agreement is less than 6 months, an amount equal to the average monthly billings for the preceding 6 month period multiplied by the number of months (including parts of months) until the expiration of the Fixed Term.
You acknowledge that the sums described in this clause are a genuine pre-estimate of the losses that will be caused to us if these Terms are terminated before the expiration of its term. You agree that the amount payable by you in accordance with this clause is not a penalty.
- Prepaid Subscriptions
- breach any of these Terms (including, without limitation, by non-payment of any Access Fees) and do not remedy the breach within 7 days after receiving notice of the breach if the breach is capable of being remedied;
- breach any of these Terms and the breach is not capable of being remedied (which includes (without limitation) any breach of clause 3.4 or any payment of Access Fees that are more than 14 days overdue); or
- you or your business become insolvent or your business goes into liquidation or has a receiver or manager appointed of any of its assets or if you become insolvent, or make any arrangement with your creditors, or become subject to any similar insolvency event in any jurisdiction,
– Siteloft may take any or all of the following actions, at its sole discretion:
- Terminate this Agreement and your use of the Services and the Website;
- Suspend for any definite or indefinite period of time, your use of the Services and the Website;
- Take either of the actions in sub-clauses 4 and 5 of this clause 11 in respect of any or all other persons whom you have authorised to have access to your information or Data; or
- Suspend or terminate access to all or any Data.
For the avoidance of doubt, if payment of any invoice for Access Fees due in relation to any of your Billing Contacts, Billing Plans or any of your Organisations (as defined at clause 3) is not made in full by the relevant due date, Siteloft may: suspend or terminate your use of the Service, the authority for all or any of your Organisations to use the Service, or your rights of access to all or any Data.
- Accrued Rights:
Termination of these Terms is without prejudice to any rights and obligations of the parties accrued up to and including the date of termination. On termination of this Agreement you will:
- remain liable for any accrued charges and amounts which become due for payment before or after termination; and
- immediately cease to use the Services and the Website.
- Expiry or Termination:
Clauses 3(a), 3(e), 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 10 survive the expiry or termination of these Terms.
- Help DeskTechnical Problems: In the case of technical problems you must make all reasonable efforts to investigate and diagnose problems before contacting Siteloft. If you still need technical help, please check the support provided online by Siteloft on the Website or failing that email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Service availability
Whilst Siteloft intends that the Services should be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is possible that on occasions the Services or Website may be unavailable to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place.
If for any reason Siteloft have to interrupt the Services for longer periods than Siteloft would normally expect, Siteloft will use reasonable endeavours to publish in advance details of such activity on the Website.
- Entire agreement:
If either party waives any breach of these Terms, this will not constitute a waiver of any other breach. No waiver will be effective unless made in writing.
Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure is due to any cause outside its reasonable control. This clause does not apply to any obligation to pay money.
- No Assignment:
You may not assign or transfer any rights to any other person without Siteloft’s prior written consent.
- Governing law and jurisdiction:
The law of the state of Victoria, Australian law governs this Agreement and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement.
If any part or provision of these Terms is invalid, unenforceable or in conflict with the law, that part or provision is replaced with a provision which, as far as possible, accomplishes the original purpose of that part or provision. The remainder of this Agreement will be binding on the parties.
Any notice given under these Terms by either party to the other must be in writing by email and will be deemed to have been given on transmission. Notices to Siteloft must be sent to email@example.com or to any other email address notified by email to you by Siteloft. Notices to you will be sent to the email address which you provided when setting up your access to the Service.
- Rights of Third Parties:
A person who is not a party to these Terms has no right to benefit under or to enforce any term of these Terms.
- Entire agreement: